Monday, November 7, 2016

Today was a great day.  I woke up this morning earlier than I have been lately & had the energy to help out with a fair bit of housework.  I love those times!  After lunch I had an old friend drop by for a visit & it was fantastic to catch up. She brought a great deal of encouragement with her in the form of a lap quilt, or, as she calls it, a comfort quilt.  She made it, with the help of some friends, and they have all prayed for me & intend to continue.  I LOVE this quilt!  Every time I wrap up in it I am reminded that others care & they are talking to our Heavenly Father about me. 

Here's a not-so-great picture of this fantastic quilt.  


What an encouragement to me!!!  And what a picture of how we are to love one another.  1 Peter 4:8-10 says "Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace"

This really came to pass today, I opened up my home to an old friend - showed hospitality - and she served me with her gift of encouragement, by using her God given ability to make fantastic quilts!  She also encouraged me mightily by this reminder of all the prayers going up for me.  This is the Body of Christ at work folks!!!

I was also mightily encouraged by some financial support given today.  My trip to Ottawa is now nearing half paid for & that is SUCH a blessing!  Thank you so much to those who have blessed & encouraged me in that fashion.  

I have so much I want to share with you, my faithful friends, God is showing me SO MUCH that I can hardly wait to share with each of you!!! Isn't He just SO GOOD to us??? 

For now I really must fall into bed.  No nap makes Glenda a tired girl. :) 

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the prayers, the encouragement, the love.  I wouldn't want to do this without each of you.

G





No comments:

Post a Comment