Thursday, November 3, 2016

I'm HOME!!!

So very happy to be here, tho it is harder to sit back and relax here than it is in a hotel or in someone else's house!  I think tomorrow will be filled with a lot of sleep as I didn't get enough last night and me, who can't HELP but fall asleep in a moving vehicle, could barely sleep on the way home today.  Tonight won't be early, it's our night to meet with our church body & there's NO WAY I am gonna miss that, so I shall from this moment on declare tomorrow a day to catch up on sleep. :D

I did make a mistake in my last post, I said two weeks at home w/o any dr's.  I DO have one next week but it's local & not one I'm too concerned about.  

I'm having to be super intentional with my thoughts (don't we all!!!).  I have 13 days at home before I have to hit the road for Ottawa & I MUST keep focused on each day & what I should & can do within it rather than focussing too much on what is coming.  A few years ago a very good friend of mine shared these verses with me ...2 Corinthians 10:4-5 says

 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ"

Learning to take EVERY thought captive and make it obedient to Christ has been HUGE in my life.  Worry & fear are not thoughts that are in obedience to Christ, and when my thoughts go there they must be brought into obedience.  I believe the same holds true for my thoughts in these next 13 days - will I waste them looking ahead & thinking what I have to do, or will I think about here, now & what God has for me in this time.  I want to spend it productively, spending time with my children, with my friends, making memories to get us through the tough days ahead.  

There are times of fear.  I am oh SO human & cancer is a scary thing.  But I believe with ALL MY HEART that God has a purpose in EVERYTHING that happens in my life.  Romans 8:28 is true, even with cancer. 



And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.
ALL things ... ALL things work together for MY GOOD.  How awesome is that??? I cannot & will not allow fear rental space in my mind!

I have continued to remember what God showed me with the elastic.  I have to remain willing to be STRETCHED, perhaps to that point of breaking, so that my faith can grow.  

signing off for today, and not sure how much I will be posting in the next 13 days.  I've got THINGS to DO!!! :)

thanks all for the prayers,
G








No comments:

Post a Comment