Sunday, November 6, 2016



A few days ago I blogged about faith.  Remember the elastic?  Well .... that elastic faith of mine has been stretched BIG TIME these last few days!!!

First comes the finances for this trip to Ottawa.  Our Fredericton/Moncton/PEI trip last week set us back a little further than I had anticipated.  We did well, but things happen.  So, I have been thinking too much about how we can make Ottawa work.  That's not my job!!! We are doing everything we can do, we are doing our part in this, and the rest is up to God.  IF He wants us there ... we'll get there!!!  Stretch number 1.

Number two ...  Hubbie comes home from work last night in pain.  great pain.  Then having to go bury a dead chicken just put him over the edge.  He's not moving well at all, he's unable to go to work, and of course the voices in my head start to wonder aloud ... will he be able to drive to ottawa? Is he going to be well enough in time???  Again ... not my circus, not my monkeys.  GOD has this & HE is the one in control.  My hands must remain EMPTY of the reigns. And of course this also ties in to #1 as well ... what if he can't continue to work the over time?  What happens to our trip then?  you'd think I'd learn ... GOD HAS IT!!!

Number 3 is simply everything all at once.  I have been feeling SO overwhelmed.  Yesteray was a TOUGH day & I was looking forward to 7 pm.  Mark would arrive home & I could clock out.  Back to number 2 .. he came home needing me to help him not the other way around.   I struggled with those feelings of being so overwhelmed, but then I realized that those overwhelming feelings were NOT thoughts obedient to Christ!!! Remember 2 Cor 10:5? we take EVERY thought CAPTIVE & make it obedient to Christ.  If I was trusting the Lord with all the details of my life, including my husbands health & our upcoming trip to Ottawa... why was I even concerned? GOD HAS IT1  

You see a theme here? :)  God has it and I MUST simply REST in that & not allow thoughts of doubt or fear to creep in.  I found a sweatshirt I would SO LOVE to have in this time. Check it out!!!





God's got it.  All the time.  I don't need to feel overwhelmed, I don't need to feel afraid or anxious.  I am in HIS Hands.  He knows the end of my story  & He is doing exactly what I need to get there at just the right time for myself and for those in my life as well.  Isn't that GRAND???




No comments:

Post a Comment