Saturday, November 12, 2016

I want to be responsible with my time!

There is nothing like friends who come bearing sweet gifts & hugs to make a day brighter.  Today and old friend (the friendship is old, not the friends!!! ) came to visit.  We used to see each other most every day, 26 odd years ago.  I miss her, and the good times that we had, but she lives too far away for that now & so we take what we can get & try to make it do.  She brought me some PJ's that I am SOOO loving as well as a colouring book (!!!) & pencil crayons. Does she know me or WHAT!!!  We have hopes of another visit before Christmas, with dreams of getting to veg & watch a movie together.  

As I thought about our visit this evening & how much I enjoy seeing her whenever we can get together, I thought of my relationship with God.  I can connect with Him ANYTIME.  Even when Deb lived close & would come in a heartbeat when/if I needed her, there were still times when we couldn't be there for each other, or hurts that we couldn't fix no matter how much we wanted to.  But with God .. He is NEVER busy, too far away, dealing with a cranky toddler .. (tho I'll betcha we appear that way often enough!!)  He is always available for us.  He WANTS to spend time with us.  Do we take advantage of that? 

Too often we wait to spend time with our friends until something 'bad' happens. Cancer, a death of a loved one, divorce, you name it. We don't redeem the time we have very responsibly at all.  So many times we do the same thing with God. We don't run to him until we're sick, or hurting, or any number of things.  What a waste!  He loves us ALL THE TIME & He has SO MUCH He wants to show us, teach us, give to us.  He is always there, always loving us, wanting to spend time with us.  We've all talked to moms whose kids have grown up & left the nest and seldom if ever call or visit.  That's tough, but oh how we do that to God! He gave His very LIFE for us & yet we ignore Him until we need Him. We need to be living as a good steward & making sure we take time to be with God ALL DAY LONG! 

I am being reminded through this journey I am on that we can, and should, rely on the LORD all day, every day.  He is the ONLY one who can see us through everything that comes our way, filling us with strength & courage if only we allow Him to.  Lets not wait until something bigger than us comes our way ... (cuz lets face it, it's all bigger than us) but rather lets learn to go to Him with everything.  This will result in us building the relationship with Him that will allow us to be STRONG in Him when the need is greatest.  

Philippians 1:20 is a verse I have claimed for this period of time in my life.  Think about it. Meditate on it.  See what God shows YOU through it!

I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

WHOO HOO!!!

G







No comments:

Post a Comment