Thursday, November 24, 2016

Hello my friends.

It's been a few days since I was here,  I apologize for that.  However, I have had to spend most of my time in bed, hopefully sleeping.  Sleep has been tough, pain is a poor bed companion & an even worse sleep companion! 

I have also struggled mightily with eating.  My body will feel hungry but put food in my mouth and every part of me revolts.  Smoothies have been my main source of nutrition & I am thankful they can be made to be quite healthy.  

I have been in communication with the cancer centre & the acupuncturist will be away for three weeks over christmas.  The only way I'll get my two weeks in before then would be to be there this coming week.  It seems very unlikely, but I'm praying for that nonetheless.  The challenge in waiting will be dealing with the symptoms that make life rather difficult, and bring on more anxiety than I am comfortable with.  I am SO THANKFul to know that GOD HAS IT ... and yet the crazy hormones & chemicals etc in my body right now are not so willing to calm down & I find every day a challenge to get through.  We're taking one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time, and doing all we know to do.  I am ever so grateful for the friends who step in and talk me through long hard evenings, who have an understanding & are willing to live out 2 Cor 1:3-5!!!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God

This has been life changing for me as those around me live it out!

It's time to rest this poor body again, doing anything at all takes a whole lot more energy than I have.  A huge Happy thanksgiving to those of you in the US, I trust you see more to be thankful for every day!


G



No comments:

Post a Comment