Friday, November 11, 2016

Things we can learn from food!


One of the biggest changes I have had to make in treating cancer naturally is the food I eat. I made dramatic changes in my diet 2 yrs ago,  I knew there was a lot of "crap" in a lot of the food we eat today but I have to say I was not as aware as I should have been.   I have begun an anti cancer diet & I have discovered some pretty amazing things.  Sun dried, organic, non sulphated figs are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.  They are my new "candy" - and they fight cancer!!!  Yes, they have a lot of sugar in them, but it's natural sugar & does not affect our bodies in the same way as processed sugar. (diabetes wise, yes. Cancer wise, no)  When I find myself longing for chocolate .... I grab & fig or two (or maybe three) and find myself realizing how much BETTER this is than chocolate, both in taste AND in nutrition/health.  I am eating DELICIOUS food & loving every meal, this from someone who has had issues with food for a lot of years now.  My body is grateful I am giving it what it needs!!!   It's not always easy, there's virtually no place I can eat while on the road & the chances are I am going to have to eat things that aren't ideal for me while travelling, but you know something?  God's got that, too.  I'm doing the very BEST I can do & the rest truly is up to Him.  

Food we eat to sustain our bodies & give them what they need to be healthy is such an incredible picture of how we need to feed our bodies spiritually too! Are we spiritually ready for difficult times?  What would happen if you or someone you loved was diagnosed with cancer, or some other life threatening disease? Or if you suddenly had to live with constant debilitating pain? Or maybe you do already - how does your spirit respond to this?  I heard a quote tonight while watching a movie.  

"The Funny thing about war is it shows you who you are, not who you want to be".  

That's a powerful statement! When hard times come into our lives it truly shows us who we ARE.  Not who we want to be, or think we are, or think one day we might be .. but who we ARE.  How do we respond under pressure?   Do we live out Phil 4:4? "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS ... I will say it again, REJOICE.  That's not a suggestion, it's how we are to respond to life!

My family & I have this thing we do now, when one of us is starting to get annoyed or frustrated, we'll shout out PRAISE JESUS & it is such an awesome reminder to walk in obedience to this verse.  

We HAVE to feed ourselves healthy, spiritual food.  Where does that come from? Well, it depends on you.  Personally, I'm not a big fan of devotional books as a general rule, but you surely can learn & grow from the teaching in a good one.  Conversations with others who are further along in this race is a good place to learn too.  But the VERY BEST place to learn is at the feet of Jesus.  it doesn't have to be time in your Bible, but  time with Jesus, talking to Him in prayer & listening for His response.  Time meditating on what you have read in His Word or what He has spoken to you during your prayers is a POWERFUL thing!!! 

I am truly thankful for the responses my family & I have had to this new found challenge in our lives.  It is incredible how much we have grown spiritually - and all because we found a GREAT place to get AMAZING spiritual food!  If you are interested in knowing more about this wonderful place of fellowship, you can click right here. 

I feel the nudge to also add this link.  This journey is not cheap, it's something that is going to take a lot more money than we have to shell out on our own.  We are SO THANKFUL to those that have already helped & are reaching out to say "we need your help" to make this happen.  If you can help financially & have a part in our travelling as well as all the other added expenses of this it would be fantastically appreciated.  Whether you can help that way or not, we would also most appreciate your prayers.  Click here on GoFundMe to see how you can help us make this journey more affordable for us! 

Thank you so much for reading folks.  I'd love to hear from any & all of you and please,  feel free to share this blog as freely as you would like.  God is speaking through me & I would love to have as many people hearing Him as possible!!

Goodnight to all of you
G





No comments:

Post a Comment