Friday, November 4, 2016

I've been thoroughly enjoying doing normal, homemaker & mom stuff today, but i cleaning through a stash of papers I came across something that was PERFECT for me to be reminded of today.  

A number of months ago I did a study on Running the race.  You know, the race mentioned in Hebrews 12:1 & 2.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

As I studied & meditated on those verses I was led to Acts 20:24. And THIS gets EXCITING!!!

This verse says:

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, my only aim is to finish the race & complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying the good news of God's Grace.  

I don't know about you but WHOO BOY did this speak to my heart! The cancer is happening.  He put that in place to happen at this time back before I was even born.  It's not what matters! My life is worth nothing ... it is what i DO with my life that matters.  Whether I live for six months or another 40 years doesn't matter - it's that I am obedient during the time I have.  I must complete the task that I have been given by the LORD - the task of testifying to God's grace.  

How long I live does not matter, it matters that I live in such a way that God's grace is seen by others.  There is only ONE way to do this & that is through the strength He gives me.  

Phil 4:13  "I can do ALL THINGS (even cancer) through Him who gives me strength."  When I live in that strength, God is glorified.  

To God be the Glory!!!






3 comments:

  1. Oh Glenda ..Praying for you Always
    What a gift you are !!
    I truly Thank God for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dotty. All the prayers are so appreciated, prayers for Peace that Passes understanding for ALL of us! <3

      Delete
  2. Remarkable, Glenda!!! Your faith is so evident in your life! You have had such an impact on my life! ❤ So thankful for you!!!

    ReplyDelete