Friday, February 10, 2017

There's good news.
And there's not so good news.
And then there's just .. well ... just news.

Good news first.  the CT scan shows no signs of cancer.  Apparently the surgeon still thinks there IS cancer.  The lab will answer that question for certain while the surgery is still taking place  in case there is a need to remove lymph nodes as well.  

Not so good news is that I am headed to surgery.  The tx in Ottawa are incredibly helpful but I cannot be there often enough for them to be as affective as my body needs.  After 4 transfusions in 5 months - and potentially another one to come - I will be doing what I gotta do & having my uterus removed.  On Monday the 13th of this month I will see the cardiologist to ensure that my heart is surgery ready. On the 14th of this month (Happy Valentines day to us!) I will have a pre-op appointment with the surgeon.  Both of these appointments are in Moncton, we will be travelling down early on Monday for a 10 am appointment and spending the night.  This all happening so close on the tail of our recent trip to Ottawa is challenging financially, but God is leading us in that direction & I refuse to worry about it. :)

I am continuing with the tea as a way to build my body up and strengthen it for surgery, as well as the help with both emotion and pain that the new tea provides.  Both pain & emotion are rather big issues right now, and i would appreciate prayers from all of you on both these issues - as well as the upcoming cardiac test & surgery.  I have times where I feel like life is one out of control dodgeball game & I'm not sure what I might be hit with next.  Thankfully, while it IS out of mY control it's not out of God's.  I have to rest in that.

God has taught me so much through this, and while I have not had energy to share much I am hopeful that when this is over I will be able to continue to write & share my heart.  

For now, I am resting a lot, tho not sleeping well (another something you can pray for me about!!) and doing my best to deal with pain and emotion. They are not a winning combination!!! I will be sure to let you all know when I have a surgery date - I expect it won't be a long wait.  They're tired of giving me blood. :D

Thank you all for all of your support through this journey thus far!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. God is in control. We are praying for you...your emotions, your physical health, your pain, and your finances. Your spirit is communing with His Holy Spirit and He's got you seated in the heavenly places, so you can say with the hymn writer..."it is well with my soul". Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete