Thursday, December 8, 2016

I seem to be finding myself apologizing for the length of time between blog posts lately.  I have sat down & started blogging on several occasions.  It's not like there's nothing to say, but there's no real updates.  I'm going to my appointments, I'm drinking my tea, I'm resting a lot & staying warm.  As problems arise, and they do, Giao tweaks my treatment &/or my tea and we carry on from there.  But there is no real information to share.  My body isn't currently bleeding,  but it threatens in regularly.  There are numerous things I have do to, lots of if/then situations.  I'm having a boatload of information going in over these days & sometimes it's all i can do to process it.  Every time I se Giao there is something new to learn & remember, there's another question or another bit of response from my body that requires change.  Tomorrow I will see him for the last time for this visit, and I will have to make sure that everything I need to know is firmly tucked in my head.  I WILL have email contact with him over the next weeks & he will instruct me on how to deal with things as they come up, but honestly?  The idea of being long distance from my team here in ottawa is emotionally challenging.

I have struggled to talk much about all this, as I find the more time I spend on it, the more emotional I get about it.  I am convinced that God is going to heal my body of this bleeding but I don't now when - other than when He knows is best - and it is hard to wait, not knowing just what will happen between now & then.  I have spent so much time talking to Him, asking both for healing and for PEACE.  I struggle so much with that! That elastic faith I posted about earlier, oh how little idea I had of just how much my faith would be stretched.  This is hard. it HURTS. 

I memorized Phil 4:4-7 a few months ago.  It couldn't be more timely.  

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Don't be anxious about ANYTHING.  My faith has grown strong over the last years but that's a tall order right now.  but look at how that verse ends!!!  The peace of God, which passes ALL UNDERSTANDING, will guard your heart & mind in Christ Jesus.  That is the peace I long for, the peace I am continually asking God for.  I am constantly having to take every thought captive (2 corinthians 10:5 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.) and putting my thoughts on to those things that are RIGHT, pure, lovely, etc in order to have that peace. It's not easy. In fact it's a downright battle these days.  I need your prayers on this folks.   I am constantly in prayer asking God both for healing & for peace.  

This is truly a challenge of my faith & I'm here asking you all to please continue to pray for me, I need this peace. I need victory in this area of my life right now.  

And now, it's time to head out for some blood work.  Fun times. :)   Tomorrow we head home & I am both thrilled to pieces & a little emotional about being so far from my team.  God has it!

I don't know why my font changed & I can't make it change back.  I've decided to not care and leave it alone.  :)


2 comments:

  1. You have bared your soul, Glenda. I don't know that I could do the same. Wish there was more I could do to help. Please count on the continued prayers of your many friends and relatives. Don't lose heart. May God bless you soon with that peace you so long for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will type this and not know if it makes sense to you - but it made sense to me - sometimes when I watch and see people going through VERY difficult journeys, I think... I could never do that - and yet you ARE going through it and you are still putting one foot in front of the other and for those watching - we doubt we could do it and we don't have understanding - but you are working your way through it with God's help and even though you may struggle with peace, you ultimately are trusting God with this and you don't understand how but you are... that is still peace that passes understanding in my book. Hugs to you, my dear friend. xo

    ReplyDelete