Wednesday, May 3, 2017


I am going to take my time on this large project - catching you all up, but I am determined that I am going to do it!

On the 30th of March my phone rang.  I don't like "private number" because i like to know who I am about to talk to ... but most of my dr's come up that way & so I answered.  It was my date for surgery! I was so glad to have the date & yet so nervous to be able to look at the calendar and think on THIS day ...  Surgery was scary for me. I don't like the idea of being cut open and even less so parts of me removed! So many side affects possible, so many unknowns, and yet I knew it had to be done.  This constant haemorrhaging had to end!  I wrote it on my calendar & I announced it from the roof top - except here. sorry about that. :)

It was 12 days away & I began to get everything done that I could.  However, 6 days in I began to bleed again. Heavily.  Too heavily.  I went up to opd where I was given a medication to stop the bleeding. BUT ... I couldn't take it close to surgery & so had 24 hrs of it and then had to stop.  It worked great ... but about20 min after that 24 hr period I was haemorrhaging again & ended up back at the hospital. I almost felt bad for the Dr, he really didn't know what to do.  Iasked him if perhaps the surgeon could help us & he said we were going to find out.  He left, made a phone call & even got to talk to MY surgeon not "just" an on call one.  The Dr said he had been told to do what he had to do to stop my bleeding  before my surgery & that I could take that medication right up to the morning of.  I was relieved.  It worked well for 4 days, days 5 & 6 I was again bleeding but not as heavily.  I was rolled into surgery with a hemoglobin of 103 (nothing short of a miracle) and did not have to receive blood during surgery!!!   It was a long day, 2 hrs prep time, 3.5 hrs of surgery & a lot of hours recovery, but I slept through it.  It was my family that felt it.  Waking up with an epidural in my back, a catheter in & a throat as dry as the sahara was not a particularly fun time ... that was where the adventure truly began!

... to be continued. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Glenda, you have been through so much!!! Praying the road ahead gets easier!!!❤

    ReplyDelete